The ideal nutrient dense meal should be complete in the three bases of nutrition: 1) protein 2) fiber 3) healthy fats. This dinner is absolutely delish, simple to make and is complete in 3! The salmon provides protein as well healthy omega 3 fatty acids. Protein is a macro nutrient that ever cell in our body needs to function optimally. The peacan nut coating provides healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats help to reduce inflammation, reduce heart disease and can help with weight loss. Brussel sprouts and Cauliflower contribute fiber that help maintain a healthy gut. This combo of nutrients helps keep blood sugar balanced which is a main component to weight loss and weight maintenance.
Pecan Coated Salmon
4 - 5-6 oz pieces of Salmon
1/2 cup pecans
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of oregano powder or flakes
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese (or vegan/dairy free substitute)
Pesto sauce compliments this nut coating!
Note you can double the coating to have more generous coating or to allow for larger sized salmon pieces
1) Mix the nuts, onion powder, oregano powder or flakes and parmesan cheese in the food processor until blended well. Place on a large plate.
2) Rinse the salmon and dry but leave a bit moist so you can place the salmon on the plate to coat on both sides.
3) Line a cookie sheet with parchement paper.
4) Place in preheated oven at 375 and bake for 25-30 mins until nut coating is browned on top.
1 medium head of cauliflower chopped - tops removed
1/3 cup of vegetable broth
1 tbsp of butter
1)Steam a medium head of chopped califlower in pot or in the microwave
2) in food processor combine the softened cauliflower, the vegetable broth and 1 tbsp of butter. Puree in the food processor and add salt and pepper to taste.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Approx five cups of whole Brussel sprouts.
2 Tablespoons of Avocado Oil
Salt & Pepper
1)Cut the Brussel sprouts in half
2)Toss them in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
3)Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper
4)Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake at 400 for 25-35 mins or until crispy.